Does Calypso Bay have a body corporate?
Calypso Bay is at the forefront of planned residential community developments through its community titles scheme. When you purchase at Calypso Bay, you become a member of the body corporate which is responsible for the regulating and maintaining services and standards at Calypso Bay to safeguard your investment and lifestyle.
How much are the body corporate levies?
Body corporate levies are currently less than $30 per week.
Does Calypso Bay have any security in place?
Calypso Bay has regular security surveillance patrols.
How many residents will eventually be living in Calypso Bay?
It is anticipated that upon completion there will be approximately 1,850 dwellings at Calypso Bay with a residential population of 4,000 people.
Does Calypso Bay have architectural covenants?
Residential Guidelines have been established to ensure a consistent high standard of development throughout the estate, so that all owners can be confident that future housing and landscaping will be constructed in a manner complementary to the streetscape and character of Calypso Bay. A complimentary design meeting is available to all lot owners to assist them with the covenant process.
Can I have a pontoon in front of my home?
All of the canal front lots may have a floating pontoon and a quay line for each lot, approved by Maritime Safety Queensland, is available at the Calypso Bay Sales and Information Centre.
How are building plans approved prior to commencing building?
A Design Assessment Panel has been established to assess proposed house and landscape plans to ensure a consistent high standard of development throughout the estate. Gaining approval for plans from the Design Assessment Panel is a simple process and a consultant is available for advisory services prior to lodgement of plans.
Are there any amounts payable for plan assessment?
Each buyer must lodge a refundable bond in the amount of $10,000 prior to any construction commencing on the buyer’s lot; however, the Developer will pay all fees required by the Design Assessment Panel for plan assessment other than for certain fees that may be payable by a buyer as set out in the Residential Guidelines.
Is there a time limit within which a house must be built?
Building must commence within 24 months of settlement and be must completed within nine months of commencement.
Is there a minimum size house required?
Houses must have a minimum enclosed area of 300 square metres (including a double garage).
What are the dimensions of the canals?
The “Grand Canal” which is directly off the Broadwater is 75 metres wide with all other canals having a width of 50, 55 or 60 metres. The average depth of the canals is 2.5 metres below the absolute lowest tide.
Are the canals tidal?
Because the canals are connected to the Broadwater, canal water levels move with the Broadwater’s tidal flows.
What size boats can be catered for at the Marina?
The Marina can cater for vessels up to thirty metres (100ft) in length.
Are berths available at the Marina?
The Marina currently offers 107 berths available on casual or longer term bases. Upon completion, the Marina will be able to accommodate approximately 250 vessels.
What facilities will there be in the Harbour Village?
The first commercial facilities in the Harbour Village are complete, and consist of the Calypso Bay Sales and Information Centre, Harrigan’s Drift Inn and three shops intended for specialty retail. At this stage, there are plans for a supermarket, restaurant, café, gift shop, Marina office and a further 10 specialty retail shops.
Public Schools – Within 30 minutes of Calypso Bay
- Woongoolba Primary 6 min Jacobs Well Rd, Woongoolba
- Helensvale High 20 min Discovery Dr, Helensvale
- Ormeau Primary 8 min Mirambeena Dr, Pimpama Coomera
- Springs Primary 20 min Old Coal Rd, Upper Coomera
- Beenleigh High 15 min Alamein St, Beenleigh
- Helensvale Primary 25 min Lindfield Rd, Helensvale
- Coomera State High 20 min Dreamworld Pkwy,Coomera
- Windaroo Valley High 30 min Beaudesert-Beenleigh Road, Windaroo
Private Schools – Within 40 minutes of Calypso Bay
- Rivermount College 15 min Rivermount Dr, Yatala
- AB Paterson College 25 min A.B. Paterson Dr, Arundel
- Livingstone Christian
- College 15 min Reedmans Rd, Ormeau
- Trinity Lutheran College 25 min Cotlew St, Ashmore
- Mother Teresa
- Primary School 15 min Eggesdorf Rd, Ormeau
- The Southport School 26 min Winchester St, Southport
- Coomera Anglican
- College 17 min Days Rd, Coomera
- St Hilda’s School 28 min High St, Southport
- St Stephens College 17 min Reserve Road, Coomera
- Carrara Emmanuel
- College 30 min - Birmingham Rd, Carrara
- Assisi Catholic
- College 20 min Billinghurst Cr, Upper Coomera
- Somerset College 40 min - Somerset Dr, Mudgeeraba
- St Francis Xavier
- School 25 min Bayview St, Runaway Bay
How long does it take to get from Brisbane to Calypso Bay?
The drive from the Brisbane to Calypso Bay takes 45 minutes from the CBD & 55 minutes from the Airport.
- Drive south from Brisbane along the M1 and turn off at Exit 49 - UBD Blue Map 326, F7.
- Proceed around the roundabout and turn left into Eggersdorf Road.
- Follow Eggersdorf Road to the ‘T’ intersection with Norwell Road and turn right into Norwell Road, continuing south on this road until it becomes Pimpama Jacobs Well Road and heads east towards the coast and on towards Jacobs Well and Calypso Bay.
- It is 6.5 kilometres from this ‘T’ intersection to the turnoff to Calypso Bay at Huth Road, where you turn right and follow the signs to the Calypso Bay Sales and Information Centre located in the Harbour Village.
- Exit 45 is approximately 15 kilometres from Calypso Bay and the drive takes approximately 12 minutes.
How long does it take to get from Central Gold Coast to Calypso Bay?
The drive from the Central Gold Coast to Calypso Bay takes:
- 25 minutes from Southport & 35 minutes from Surfers Paradise; and
- 40 minutes from Broadbeach & 45 minutes from Coolangatta Airport.
- Drive north from the Central Gold Coast along the M1 and turn off at Exit 49 – UBD Blue Map 326, F7.
- Proceed around the roundabout crossing over the motorway to the eastern side and turn left into Attenborough Boulevard.
- Follow Attenborough Boulevard through the traffic lights.
- At the ‘T’ intersection with Norwell Road turn right to continue on Pimpama Jacobs Well Road as it heads east towards the coast and on towards Jacobs Well and Calypso Bay.
- It is 4 kilometres from this ‘T’ intersection to the turnoff to Calypso Bay at Huth Road, where you turn right and follow the signs to the Calypso Bay Sales and Information Centre located in the Harbour Village.
- Exit 49 is approximately 12km from Calypso Bay and the drive takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Brisbane to Calypso Bay (Enter ‘Huth Road’ in your gps)
- Exit 38 - 20 minutes follow signage to Calypso Bay
- Exit 45 - 15 minutes follow signage to Calypso Bay
- Exit 49 - 10 minutes follow signage to Calypso Bay
Is there a train service nearby?
Ormeau Station, located just off Mirabeena Drive, is only 8 minutes’ drive from Calypso Bay. From Ormeau Station it is 45 minutes to Brisbane Central Station and 1 hour and 15 minutes to Brisbane Airport.
International Airports – Within a 1 hour’s drive of Calypso Bay
- Brisbane Airport 55 min
- Coolangatta Airport 45 min
What deposit is required?
A 10% deposit is required on signing a contract.
What is the settlement period?
If the land is registered, settlement takes place within 30 days of the date of contract. If, however, the lot has not been registered then settlement is 14 days after written notification that the lot has been registered.
Can a non-Australian purchase property at Calypso Bay?
Foreign buyers are welcome, but must apply for Foreign Investment Review Board approval (FIRB). For more information, go to www.firb.gov.au
How do I reserve land or house & land package?
All we require is your reservation fee of $1000 along with your details and those of your solicitor.